[6.10.3] Unraid repeatedly becomes unresponsive/unreachable, hard shutdown needed (Kernel error?)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey everybody! I have this recurring problem where for some (to me) undiscerniable reason every know and then the server just goes blank. It's still running, but it is not reachable from the network (not via SSH, nor WebUI, and there is no display output). This has happened maybe once a month, but it really seems to happen randomly to me. Sometimes it happens more frequently (1-2x/week).

I have completed a successful, error-free Memcheck and have started a Syslog on the USB Drive to find out what it caused. However, I don't really understand what the error is showing. I'll add a diagnostics to the post and post the relevant excerpt of the syslog to pastebin. (it's a very long file since I've had  the syslog on since the last time this happened, which was about 3 weeks ago.)

https://pastebin.com/bhH2SpN3

andisvault-diagnostics-20220731-1201.zip

• Solution
Jul 29 18:32:36 Andisvault kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x116/0x144 [macvlan]
Jul 29 18:32:36 Andisvault kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xc7/0x110 [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right)), or see below for more info.