Disk 2 'Not Installed'

Still no sign of the problem drive.    That suggests it really has failed and needs replacing.

if your parity is valid then at this point Unraid should show that it is ‘emulating’ the missing drive (using the combination of the other drives plus the parity drive) and acting as if the disk were still present.   At the moment the array is in an unprotected state but if/when you get a replacement drive then Unraid will be able to rebuild the contents of the ‘emulated’ drive onto it and get the array back into a protected state.

Do you have notifications enabled so that Unraid can let you know immediately any problem is spotted?

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Missing/emulated disk2 is mounted in those diagnostics.

And do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable?

What is the significance of that?  Smart report and Gui consistently show it as not installed.  Is it a sign of deeper trouble, or do you think there's a chance I could recover it?

I do have backups of the important stuff, but obviously want to preserve the array.  Thanks for the response!

9 minutes ago, ebbnflow said:

What is the significance of that?  Smart report and Gui consistently show it as not installed.

Two different things entirely.

The data that was on the physical drive is being actively recreated using the rest of your data drives and your parity drive. You can interact with the emulated disk just like the physical disk, which is no longer responding, likely completely dead based on what you've posted.

At the moment you are at risk of losing all that emulated data, plus the data on any other disk if it fails. You need to rebuild the emulated disk back to a tested good physical disk as soon as possible to get the array back healthy, to a state where a drive failure can be emulated as it is right now.

7 minutes ago, ebbnflow said:

What is the significance of that?

11 hours ago, itimpi said:

Unraid should show that it is ‘emulating’ the missing drive (using the combination of the other drives plus the parity drive) and acting as if the disk were still present.

That is the whole point of parity, to allow things to continue working without one disk. You can still read the files of the missing disk, because its contents are calculated by reading all other disks. You can even still write to the missing disk, because parity will be updated as if the disk were being written. (I don't recommend writing to your array until you replace/rebuild the disk.)

Some emulated writes have already been made to the "missing" disk. Unraid disables a disk when a write to it fails, but that failed write still updates parity, and the contents of the disk can be rebuilt, including that initial failed write, and any subsequent emulated writes, by rebuilding the disk to a new disk.

Not only is the missing disk being emulated, but the emulated disk is mounted. That means the calculated data from the emulation is working well enough to allow files to be accessed, and the emulated contents are exactly what will be rebuilt when you replace the drive. If it were not mounted, there would be some filesystem repair required.

Ah, I see what you mean now - just that I'm flying without a net based on my parity drive being actively used.  I do intend to replace the disk tomorrow and essentially not use the array by keeping all dockers down.  I understand there will still be some minor read/write activity going on during this time.  That said, guessing my risk will be minimal for the moment...

Thank you for the detailed response.