We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Parity Drive Failure when replacing an array disk

Hello, I was going through a routine process of replacing a disk in the array with a different one of the same size, when I started the array back up after swapping the disk, my parity drive suddenly threw a bunch of errors and went into a disabled state which borked the rebuild. So right now the array is running, but is missing a disk (the one I replaced as it couldn't rebuild) and the parity is still disabled. I have put back in the disk that I had in before in hopes that it might be able to come back to normal sans parity but that did not make a difference. Attached is a system report and SMART test of the parity drive. Where do I go from here? I have the drive from before installed now, can I just some how put it back to the way it was before, just with a parity that is failed? Thanks for the help!

hulk-diagnostics-20220828-0902.zip hulk-smart-20220828-0855.zip

Looks like it must have been disk8, which is currently missing, disabled and unmountable.

Since you rebooted before getting diagnostics, can't tell what happened before that, can only see how things are currently, so don't know what caused the problems.

New Config original disk into the array as disk8 then let parity rebuild, and if it has problems again get new diagnostics without rebooting.