Disks Unmountable After "New Config" and drivers switched from SAS to SATA

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

So I realized i did not need a SAS interposer in my disk shelf so today i wanted to switch all my drives from SAS to SATA.

I had already done a similar process of switching the drives from STAT to SAS when i got the Disk shelf. I followed the same process i followed last time.

• use Tools >> New Config to reset the array.    Use the option to retain current assignments.
  • go back to the Main tab and select the ‘Parity is Good’ option and start the array.   Everything should come back up OK.

I then manually added the hard drives back to there specific location. Even though the names of the drives are basically the same Unraid can not tell the difference between a SAS hard drive and the same SATA drive. Now when i started up the array with with the "Parity is good" all my data drives show up as Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system. Also i had a drive i think got bumped and is disabled when i started this. The drive is fine but my cables and PCIe can sometimes be unstable causing write errors.

Is there any way to get the drives to mount without having to format them? Did I do something wrong in the process of switching everything over.

Before removing the SAS interposer:

Capture.thumb.PNG.1c177fd77d50a2248b693dfb67d08cd1.PNG

After removing SAS interposer and restarting the array

image.thumb.png.d6c11a2ae0558cba6d6c072b220e6adf.png

Here is my diagnostics. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

wamred-diagnostics-20220830-1202.zip

I am planning to also add 2 more 14Tb drives so i will have to rebuild the parity at some point anyway. During the Preclear process is when my Disk 2 got the error. I think it had to do with me bumped the disk shelf when i inserted the drives.