Combining Share/Creating new parent directory

Hey Guys,

I want to restructure my share folders, when I started out I had seperate ones for movies/pictures etc and I would like to combine them all under a "data" share and then use subfolders within that.

I am struggling to find answers for what the best way to do this would be? I have searched the forums and also googled it. I read someone say it can be done through enabling disk share but I am not sure how exactly.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks Guys.

Easiest way would be to create a new "data" share then move previous movies/pictures folders (shares are just top level folders) inside the data folder disk by disk, the move will be instantaneous, you can use for example the Dynamix File Manager plugin Midnight commander (mc on the console), note that when you create a share it will only create the folder in the first available disk, so you'll need to create it (with the same case) for the other ones, not sure if the plugin has an option to create folders, if it doesn't you can do it in the console:

mkdir /mnt/disk1/data
mkdir /mnt/disk2/data

etc

The plugin moves the data inside the folders, not the folders themselves, mc will move the folders.

6 hours ago, Chewwwy_ said:

I would like to combine them all under a "data" share

Why? Better to have separate shares so you can manage them separately with separate settings.

If you want something on the server, such as a container, to have access to all shares, you can just use /mnt/user as the host path.

If you want network access to all shares under one folder, Unassigned Devices plugin has a rootshare feature.