Disk 2 in error state

BBenja
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Dear all,

yesterday unraid short Disk 2 in error state for one of my hard drives. Now there is a red cross next to the drive and the Error count next to the hard drive shows 33 (it was 0 previously).

I run an extended smart self-test which took almost a day and shows 'completed without error'. I can attach it if needed, for now I 'only' post the diagnostics as suggested on the help page.

Also since then unraid showed a yellow and even a green message about the drive (see screenshot attached).

I didn't move my server, didn't even touch it. There was a parity check running (once a month automatically) but when the error message first occurred it was actually paused.

Could you tell me what is going on? Thank you very much, any help is much appreciated!

2022-09-01 09_26_02-Mule_Device - Chromium.png

mule-diagnostics-20220901-0921.zip

Edited by BBenja
  • Solution

In the syslog it's log as the disk problem, but since the SMART test passed you can rebuild on top, make sure the emulated disk is still mounting before doing it, also a good idea to swap/replace cables before to rule them out if it happens again to the same disk.

There are also what look like connection issues with both cache devices, though strange that it's with both, unless they share a power splitter or something.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

In the syslog it's log as the disk problem, but since the SMART test passed you can rebuild on top, make sure the emulated disk is still mounting before doing it, also a good idea to swap/replace cables before to rule them out if it happens again to the same disk.

Thank you so much for the fast help. I will do so.

The rebuilding works in the same way as for a replaced disc, doesn't it?

There are also what look like connection issues with both cache devices, though strange that it's with both, unless they share a power splitter or something.

Hm, I don't think so. I will double check and replace any necessary cable. Hopefully, that solves the issue.

Does it make sense to run and post diagnostics after the whole changing and rebuilding?