My Servers will not do flash backup.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Mine seemed to be fine until I updated it just now. Now I am getting red triangle, mouseover says "rate limited"

Would you please try this @trurl?

1) Sign out of Unraid.net. If you can't do that, then delete this file from your flash drive:
  config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg
2) Open a web terminal and run `unraid-api restart`
3) Wait a bit, then reload the webgui. You should now be signed out with no error messages.
4) Sign in to Unraid.net

On 9/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, ljm42 said:

Would you please try this?

1) Sign out of Unraid.net. If you can't do that, then delete this file from your flash drive:
  config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg
2) Open a web terminal and run `unraid-api restart`
3) Wait a bit, then reload the webgui. You should now be signed out with no error messages.
4) Sign in to Unraid.net

I tried this, as i noticed there'd been a few updates since i last tried to get this setup. Unfortunately, i'm still experiencing "failed to sync flash backup" - "not up-to-date".

Am i an anomaly, or is this still being worked on?

Thanks,

Nash

Edited by Nasha
12 hours ago, Nasha said:

Unfortunately, i'm still experiencing "failed to sync flash backup" - "not up-to-date".

Am i an anomaly, or is this still being worked on?

We are definitely working on flash backup issues, if you saw this week's update that was a big piece of it https://forums.unraid.net/topic/112073-my-servers-releases-and-announcements/#comment-1173698

So first, make sure you are running the latest My Servers plugin (Plugins tab -> check for updates)

Then, let's try hitting your backup with a virtual hammer :)

* Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers -> Deactivate

* Open a web terminal and type:

mv /boot/.git /boot/.gitbad
rm -f /var/log/git*

* Reload the Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers page and press Activate.  Don't press any other buttons, just wait for it to finish.

If it says "not up to date" wait at least 5 more minutes, then press Update ONE time. After another 5 minutes if it still doesn't say "Activated: up-to-date", type:

cp /var/log/gitflash /boot

and then attach the gitflash file from your flash drive to your next reply here (or if the file mentions confidential filenames you can DM it to me, along with a link to this thread)

BTW you are welcome to delete the .gitbad folder too. It can take a while, particularly if the flash drive is starting to fail:

rm -rf /boot/.gitbad

(be careful when typing this, `rm -rf` is very dangerous)

On 9/30/2022 at 8:02 AM, ljm42 said:

If it says "not up to date" wait at least 5 more minutes, then press Update ONE time. After another 5 minutes if it still doesn't say "Activated: up-to-date", type:

cp /var/log/gitflash /boot

and then attach the gitflash file from your flash drive to your next reply here (or if the file mentions confidential filenames you can DM it to me, along with a link to this thread)

I didn't realise there was still work going on, i will keep an eye on the thread you linked to.

I swung the virtual hammer, to no success, so file attached as requested - TLDR seems like some sort of permissions issue, but i'll leave it in your capable hands.

Thanks for the assistance!

gitflash

On 9/18/2022 at 12:50 AM, JoeUnraidUser said:

I cannot create a flash backup.

I tried clicking UPDATE multiple times and I get the following message:

Failed to sync flash backup

So, I tried clicking REINITIALIZE.

Then I have to click ACTIVATE and I get the following message:

fatal: not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /)

So, I have to click ACTIVATE again and I get the following message:

I then tried clicking UPDATE multiple times and I get the following message:

Eventually after clicking UPDATE I get the following message:

Rate limited, will try again later

After that UPDATE is greyed out so I can go no further.

I tried rebooting, UPDATE is stilled greyed out and I get the following message:

Rate limited, will try again later

I'm having exactly the same problem. So basically I have to wait and hope it works? That doesn't sound very good

On 10/3/2022 at 4:46 AM, gacpac said:

I'm having exactly the same problem. So basically I have to wait and hope it works? That doesn't sound very good

No, if you follow the relevant threads 

Is a good start. You'll find that this is still an issue work in progress.

This is a new feature that hasn't existed previously, so simply follow your existing flash backup routine until such time as it's confirmed to be issue free and you'll remain completely unaffected