Docker issue when switching away from Cashe to dedicated Drive

zaber

I seem to have created an issue for myself.

I wanted to move my Docker Images away from my Cashe and onto a separate NVMe docker and VM drive. However in the Docker tab it has a warning triangle with "Path does not exist" next to the the appdata storage location, they are set to the following:

/mnt/dockerandvms/docker.img

/mnt/user/appdata/

On the shares tab I have also set the appdata share to prefer the docker nvme drive.

When I browse the appdata share, I dont seem to have each container in directories, I just have a Data and a config directory.

The setup doesn't matter so I can start afresh with docker if needed,

20 hours ago, zaber said:

When I browse the appdata share, I dont seem to have each container in directories, I just have a Data and a config directory.

This would be related to each container. If it isn't specifying its own separate appdata subfolder, then of course it won't have a separate subfolder in appdata. I don't know why you would have Data and config as subfolders of appdata, that seems also related to setting up your containers wrong.

Docker isn't started in those diagnostics, but why do you have 50G specified for docker.img size? Have you had problems filling it? 20G is often more than enough, and making it large won't fix problems filling it, it will only make it take longer to fill. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped.

Also, your system share has some files on disk1.

20 hours ago, zaber said:

However in the Docker tab it has a warning triangle with "Path does not exist" next to the the appdata storage location

This is probably another sign that you are doing it wrong. At first I thought you were talking about the Docker Settings, but it seems you are talking about specific containers since you say it is showing this in the Docker tab. Post a screenshot