Parity Drive in Error State (Disabled)

Hi,

Recently, my parity drive has gone into error state and has been disabled. I have removed it from the array and readded multiple times, to which it errors out a few hours later.

Today, I finally got around to changing both the SATA cable and changing which PCI-e SATA card it is plugged into. Unfortunately, no change.

Would someone please be able to take a look through my diagnostics (no idea what I'm looking for) to see if they can identify anything that would be causing this please? This drive is almost brand new and was put straight into the UNRAID box as the parity drive.

Thank you in advance.

bwd-ccn-hv01-diagnostics-20221002-1916.zip

A disk is disabled when a write to it fails, but often this is due to a factor external to the drive.

Once a drive has been disabled then it needs to be rebuilt to get it out of the disabled state.  This applies regardless of whether it is a data or parity drive.   The process for rebuilding a drive onto itself is covered here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

4 minutes ago, itimpi said:

A disk is disabled when a write to it fails, but often this is due to a factor external to the drive.

Once a drive has been disabled then it needs to be rebuilt to get it out of the disabled state.  This applies regardless of whether it is a data or parity drive.   The process for rebuilding a drive onto itself is covered here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

Thanks for this. While I did not know this was a thing, it turns out I have already done this. This is what I meant when I said removed from the array and then re-added. I started the array after removing, stopped and then re-added. It then starts to rebuild parity and fails after a few hours, causing the drive to be disabled again.

I changed the SATA cable for parity today. I also switched it from my one SATA controller to the other. I also removed the HDD from the hotswap and put it back in to ensure proper connection.

The cache drive is in a totally different enclosure - I haven't noticed any issues with that one?