Post Cross Country Move Hardware Issue

Hello,  the family and I moved from MN to FL last year and it looks like somewhere along the road we cracked the motherboard's CPU mounting bracket.  I've never broke one of these things, is this something that i can just replace the mounting bracket and apply some fresh thermal paste and move on, or does this mean I need to look at a new Mobo/CPU combo?  I didn't notice this damage last night when I booted it and started a party check.  When I woke up it was shut down and wouldn't boot into unraid.  

It might be hard to see but there is a part of the yellow bracket missing in the lower picture.  Without that part the cpu cooler isn't held flush against the cpu.  Is the yellow bracket something that can be replaced by itself or is it best to just get a new mobo/cpu.   

Thanks

PXL_20221009_123452494.jpg

yes, the yellow support can be replaced but it will come with a new fan/radiator which does not use this form of support.

for these models in their installation manual it is explained how to remove this support and install the support which is supplied with their "cooler".

for example the "be quiet pure rock 2" supplied an AM5 support (and intel LGA) for which it is imperative to remove the old support from both sides of the motherboard before installing the new on both sides.

there are necessarily coolers on the same model for AM4/3

Ok looks like its an AM2 socket so I think this should work:

https://www.amazon.com/RIIEYOCA-Cooler-Bracketv-Bracket-Screws/dp/B09LQKTZFR/ref=sr_1_14?crid=2MWUZWEW2F2FY&keywords=AM2%2Bcpu%2Bcooler%2Band%2Bbracket&qid=1665336671&s=electronics&sprefix=am2%2Bcpu%2Bcooler%2Band%2Bbracket%2Celectronics%2C117&sr=1-14&th=1

I wonder if my old cooler wont just work with this bracket... Ill have to research how to best remove the old thermal paste before putting some fresh stuff on.  Thanks all.

16 hours ago, cobolstinks said:

Ill have to research how to best remove the old thermal paste

Surgical Spirit can do this - i am using it since 22 years for removing the paste 👍

And its much cheaper then the "Special Removers" from various companies.

grafik.png.4d937894c79df6c0dd971a34b489e204.png

Edited by Zonediver