Drives missing data

Hello all 

I'm having a problem with my unraid server today I've logged into unraid and found a lot of data missing from the array of disks yesterday the drives where about 95% full but now it's about 33% there are no drive errors and all the drives are there would anyone be able to point out what's gone wrong? 

The only thing a can think of is that I updated the nivdia driver plugin 

Please see diagnostics attached tower-diagnostics-20221013-2359.zip

21 minutes ago, tabac1987 said:

The only thing a can think of is that I updated the nivdia driver plugin 

How have you updated the plugin exactly?

Please install the legacy drivers (470 series driver) for your card since you've installed a GT710 and reboot afterwards.

May I also ask why did you choose the GT710, because this card isn't even capable of transcoding h265, maybe look into a Nvidia T400, it's Turing based can only draw up to 30W, doesn't need external power and you can get it brand new for about $ 120,-

21 minutes ago, tabac1987 said:

I'm having a problem with my unraid server today I've logged into unraid and found a lot of data missing from the array of disks yesterday the drives where about 95% full but now it's about 33% there are no drive errors and all the drives are there would anyone be able to point out what's gone wrong?

I can't think of a way how the Nvidia Driver plugin will delete most of your data.

31 minutes ago, tabac1987 said:

I'm using that card because I only had a pci port spare on the motherboard your right it's pretty useless haven't used it for plex trans coding for a while

Then why use this card anyways? You don't need strictly speaking display output on Unraid, just disable "Wait for F1 on Error" in your BIOS an your server will boot even without that card.

Then why use this card anyways? You don't need strictly speaking display output on Unraid, just disable "Wait for F1 on Error" in your BIOS an your server will boot even without that card.
Just wanted to try the hardware transcoding and it was what I had lying around

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

• Like 1