Getting - /var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used) "Error"

nik82

@dlandon  What's up with 

Oct 25 12:12:00 Tower  smbd_audit[5748]: close fd 11 
Oct 25 12:12:00 Tower  smbd_audit[5748]: close fd 31 
Oct 25 12:12:00 Tower  smbd_audit[5748]: openat /A1. Media & Content/Shoots/Elf Bar/Cigalike/Output (fd 11) 
Oct 25 12:12:00 Tower  smbd_audit[5748]: openat A1. Media & Content/Shoots/Elf Bar/Cigalike/Output/Processed/Processed (fd 31) 

Continually going in there?

I just noticed my log was 100% full as well with these errors.  I tracked it down to RecycleBin plugin which was just updated last night at 12am for me and started spamming the logs.  The version which it was updated to was recycle.bin-2022.10.21.tgz for reference.

I stopped the plugin and will follow up on that support post.

@dlandon Thank you.

However I am sorry to say that it is still not working with version 2022.10.25a 

Actually it is worse now, server completely frozen this morning after updating last night and enabling the plugin again. Restarted the server and left it. 

This morning all shares unavailable and webui not reachable. 

After hard power reset the default port for Webui had for some reason changed back to port 80 which took ages to figure out. 

Was a bit of a nightmare, when I finally could login i checked syslog and it is again spammed with smbd_audit

tower-diagnostics-20221026-0948.zip

Edited by nik82
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is working now after first uninstalling the plugin. Restarting, then updating to unraid 6.10.2. After update finished I installed the latest version of the plugin 2022.11.04a it now seems to be working as it should without spamming the log. 

Not sure which of my steps fixed the issue but it is working now. A big thank you to @dlandon for taking time to help and upgrading the plugin.