Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

You can also do that, but add an end slash to the source path or it will create a folder called old-disk-12 on destination:

rsync -av /mnt/disks/old-disk-12/ /mnt/disk12

Thanks for confirming that will work. And woops, thanks for pointing that out. That was more of a pseudo command as I am actually doing it per folder on old-disk-12 but this will be useful for someone else if they are trying to do the same things.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

...formatting is never part of a rebuild...

To be fair, "unsupported partition layout" is never supposed to be a part of a rebuild either unless you happened to have been unfortunate enough to be replacing or upgrading a drive during the brief life of version 6.11.2.  After the 12-hour array rebuild completed for me but before I discovered this was bug country, I also formatted a new drive and lost a couple of days worth of data.  I am glad this was quickly resolved.

Had this issue since yesterday adding a new 6tb drive to my array and nothing would get rid of the unsupported partition message, until I found this thread.

Did an update check, which showed the newer 6.11.3, after updating I started the array and re-tried formatting and voila disk is now working as intended, many thanks.

I've been dealing with this issue for over a week now. I've precleared my 3 disks 4 times. That is the definition of insanity.

Literally pulling what's left of my hair out as to why I get kept getting the unsupported partition layout msg. Limetech should post something on their website about this bug even though it's fixed now. A lot of people don't like to upgrade and fix what's broke. I am glad I found this thread. I just wish i found it last Wed. 

Edited by gvtci
1 hour ago, gvtci said:

I've been dealing with this issue for over a week now. I've precleared my 3 disks 4 times. That is the definition of insanity.

Literally pulling what's left of my hair out as to why I get kept getting the unsupported partition layout msg. Limetech should post something on their website about this bug even though it's fixed now. A lot of people don't like to upgrade and fix what's broke. I am glad I found this thread. I just wish i found it last Wed. 

What version of Unraid ?

If it's 6.11.2, the version has a bug that prevents formats and you should update to latest.

• 1 month later...

This information took way too long to find online. Every other post, with every other action was followed, which I have to say was infuriating. Finally found this and scaled back to v6.11.1. I purchased UNRAID in November last year so I guess I got unlucky with the version I got saddled with. Fresh to UNRAID so this was a f***** tbh, just wanted to get a new build going. Gave up after a week back then, only to try again over the last couple of days. Jfc I thought I was going insane. Spent countless days clearing disks for this, following outdated advice etc etc. Has made me feel hesitant to go with more recent releases. Anyway... what a daggy way to bring in the new year lol. Hopefully this is about as frustrating as it gets for UNRAID yeah?

• Like 1