Unraid not accessible via Browser or SSH (but Docker Containers and VMs are still working)

zAch523

Hello Community!

I have a really strange problem with Unraid. Sometimes at random I can't access the WEB-GUI or connect via SSH. The crazy thing about this is, that the docker containers and VMs are still working.

For example, I can use Home Assistant (VM) or connect to my FileRun-Instance (Docker) and it even seems like it is downloading games to the SteamCache (Docker)...  But when I try to go to the web login at my servers ip it takes a very long time until the error 500 appears. If I try to connect via SSH it stops after I entered my password like this:
image.png.3fd462a12d6d5a693df34b74b4cb22f2.png

I had the problems for a couple of days now and it really makes me feel uncomfortable because I have to pull the plug on my server...

I have attached the diagnistics file from yesterday after I restarted unraid (by unplugging the server 😵 ) but I am not even sure if this contains helpful information?

I would be very thankfull if anyone could help me figure this out!

unraid-diagnostics-20221116-1947.zip

1 minute ago, zAch523 said:

Littel update... I connected a monitor to the unraid server and instead of the usual text is just have a black screen.

Just guessing, but the monitor probably needs to be connected before you turn on the server, otherwise your motherboard won't initialize the hdmi port

3 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Just guessing, but the monitor probably needs to be connected before you turn on the server, otherwise your motherboard won't initialize the hdmi port

Normally the monitor turns off after a couple of seconds if it receives no signal (I tried the PCIe-graphics card first 😉).

With the mainboard HDMI the monitor seemed to receive a black image. Do you mean this, or should it just turn off if the port is not initialized?

I think the HDMI was correct (I unplugged the graphics card for debugging reasons now). I tried "waking" up the system with mouse and keyboard, but no success... :(

So now after "hard resetting" the machine I have access again and pulled the diagnostics files again. Maybe this is worth something 😅

unraid-diagnostics-20221118-2046.zip

Edited by zAch523
clearification
  • 2 weeks later...

change from 90 to 150 secs

Thanks for the tip - Can this cause the WEB-GUI and SSH to become unresponsive?

Another thing I remembered is, I get Oout Of Memory Errors quite often... Maybe this is the cause?

Edited by zAch523
applied proposed settings