A few questions...

shimi
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey guys, i apologize in advanced for the long post. i am just new to unraid and would appreciate your help on a few topics.

1. about 2 months ago when i was first installing unraid, i also installed plex container and i had Accidentally set my plex Libraries on a share that was set to use the cache pool (2 raid 0 samsung nvme's with a total of 512GB). and when the cache pool was full, i had noticed my mistake and set it to NOT use the cache pool at all. as a result, plex's entire database got corrupted and the container wouldn't even start. the solution i found online was to get inside the root terminal, locate plex's database file and delete it - and that fixed the issue.

the problem now is with plex's installation (the appdata share) rather then it's Libraries - right now it is sitting in the cache pool, with "use cache pool" option set to 'prefer'. if i change this option to 'yes' and invoke the mover - after the files had been moved to the arrey, will it brake plex's container somehow? or any of my other containers for that matter?

2. just a few days ago i read that since the 500 series chipset there is no support for CSM boot with onboard graphics which means, Obviously, that i am running unraid with an old, cheap dedicated graphics card, cause initially i had planed to transfer it to a VM and use it like that (before i knew about the 500 series chipset limitation), but that didn't happen eventually. so now i'm stuck in legacy mode...

does it matter if it is in legacy or uefi in terms of performance?

3. any idea how to configure a VM to autostart on system boot? the 'autostart' toggle in the vms tab doesn't seem to do the job...

I am guessing it's a bug, but is there a fix for it in later versions (I am running unraid 6.11.1 basic)? or perhaps a workaround?

I would really appreciate any help. I can type some commands if necessary, but i'm fairly new to unraid and unix/linux in general, so be gentle ;D

• Solution
16 hours ago, shimi said:

right now it is sitting in the cache pool, with "use cache pool" option set to 'prefer'. if i change this option to 'yes' and invoke the mover - after the files had been moved to the arrey, will it brake plex's container somehow? or any of my other containers for that matter?

If the container is mapped to /mnt/user it won't be a problem, if it's using /mnt/cache you need to adjust.

does it matter if it is in legacy or uefi in terms of performance?

It shouldn't make any difference.

3. any idea how to configure a VM to autostart on system boot? the 'autostart' toggle in the vms tab doesn't seem to do the job...

It will only work for the first array start if the array is also set to autostart.