Unraid smb sharing folders in private, not work on win11 (public works)

leonokio

hello everyone, I am a happy owner of a pro license.

Since I formatted my laptop with win11 enterprise, I have problems accessing shared folders if they are private.

If I make the same folder public, I log on. when I make it private and give either read-only or read and write permissions to the user I use, it tells me it can't log on as if the password is wrong.

I have tried as well to re-enter the password for security to the user (whatever user I use it is always the same problem) but to no avail.

I upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.11.5 (both versions have same issue)

Please, can you help me?

thank you.

Edited by leonokio

Try clearing out the credentials in Credential Manager within Windows.  Windows has some not-so-helpful features with regards to network sharing.  Most notably that it always remembers the last credentials that accessed something and only a single user can ever use network shares at a time.

Here is a link to a resource that should solve your problem:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-10-smb-setup/#comment-1009109

It is important to realize that Windows will allow only one login to a server and the first time the server is access that login will be established-- even if that connection is to a 'Public' share.   There is no convenient way to logout from a server except to reboot Windows!  The second item is that the error messages that Windows posts up on an access failure are virtually useless in figuring out what is wrong.

On 11/28/2022 at 4:45 PM, Frank1940 said:

Here is a link to a resource that should solve your problem:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-10-smb-setup/#comment-1009109

It is important to realize that Windows will allow only one login to a server and the first time the server is access that login will be established-- even if that connection is to a 'Public' share.   There is no convenient way to logout from a server except to reboot Windows!  The second item is that the error messages that Windows posts up on an access failure are virtually useless in figuring out what is wrong.

thanks, I resolved using the follow credential:

workgroup\smbuser

password

maybe because my laptop is in domain AzureAD ?