Unraid loads, but no GUI connection either through web or Unraid itself

asopala
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Then try booting in safe mode, if that doesn't help try booting with a different stock Unraid flash drive, no key needed, just to see if it's a config issue.

It boots in safe mode, so my guess is it's a plugin or something.  Did anything in the diagnostic say which one?

Edit: I'm also seeing two errors after starting Samba: "failed to connect to the hypervisor" and "Operation not supported: Cannot use direct socket mode if no URI is set.  Are either of those two relevant?

Edited by asopala
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Rename all /boot/config/plugins/*.plg then start re-enabling one by one, or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

I believe this one if from the VM backup plugin, but IIRC it's harmless.

Looks like it was the Nerdpack.  For anyone else who might stumble onto this, I also had to reset the networking settings.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:05 AM, asopala said:

Looks like it was the Nerdpack.  For anyone else who might stumble onto this, I also had to reset the networking settings.

Thanks for posting your solution.

Did you just remove the Nerdpack plugin and reset network settings? I only ask because another user says his WebUI disappeared but he had previously removed the plugin.

18 minutes ago, electronicbard said:

Thanks for posting your solution.

Did you just remove the Nerdpack plugin and reset network settings? I only ask because another user says his WebUI disappeared but he had previously removed the plugin.

Pretty much.  That's what solved it for me.  And then I manually redid my network settings in the GUI.

• Thanks 1