2 issues I could use help to resolve

First things first, I need to clarify the server has been offline for over a year (most of the important data has been moved to my TrueNAS server as that is my new active storage) I plan to downgrade the 45drives chassis I have from SAS 3 to SATA and reporpose unraid as a storage mirror/backup. I can't connect to the web UI, the IP address I had used at setup has been reallocated to another device (I've restructured my network with new equipment this past year and divided up sections of static IP addresses for different device types so I expanded the block for networking devices (switches, AP's, etc...) and the old address was in that group. (example: 192.X.X.51 - 192.X.X.70 could be printers while 192.X.X.71 - 192.X.X.81 could be servers). For whatever reason Unraid is not playing nice with an IP address change it seems to have a seizure and forget it's on a network, whether I set another static IP, or switch it over to DHCP. http://tower doesn't resolve either, when I set DHCP it wouldn't grab an IP, when I set a static I couldn't connect nor did it sow up in my router.

One thing at a time lets get the network issues above fixed first, but after that; (working from a KVM console) the storage wont mount, it says Wrong/Device to be encrypted, the disks were already encrypted I don't think I want to reformat them yet, There are still some things I want to move over that I couldn't initially due to not having as much space on the TrueNAS server initially, I think an abrupt power down may have caused this, we had a brief time of unstable power, I ended up keeping them offline after that, but now that I have enough space I want to move the rest over if possible. It's not life or death if I can move whats left on there over, but it would save me a headache.

If I don't respond tonight it's because I'm posting before going to bed I'll be on tomorrow to check response.

On 12/9/2022 at 7:53 PM, Arbadacarba said:

Have you got a monitor hooked up to the server? You should see its current IP on the login screen... Then yu can either temporarily set a computer to hook in in the right range, or boot it with the GUI to reconfigure.

Yes (like I said its on my KVM console in my rack), in the case when I set a static IP, I can see it. When I tried DHCP it wouldn't grab an address (this was tried the other night). I did forget to mention, its is currently set up with a network bond with 2 RJ45 connections on the back of the motherboard. To specify further when I use the static address to connect from a browser it times out/wont connect/doesn't show up in my router.

Edited by DataPhile