failed upgrade

Yes it's running on a Intel NUC 8th gen.

I have no idea what that means :D

1 SSD is only used for downloads. The other for everything else. All the actual data (for plex etc) is on a synology NAS connected through NFS

Edit: Because i changed the flash i can't revert to a older version. And it blacklisted the other flash drive. So looks like i am stuck on 6.11.5 with these random reboots.

Edited by Steve1985
update
5 minutes ago, Steve1985 said:

Because i changed the flash i can't revert to a older version. And it blacklisted the other flash drive. So looks like i am stuck on 6.11.5 with these random reboots.

You can install any version available for download on any flash drive. Just make sure you have a current backup of flash. Everything about your configuration is in the config folder of flash (and flash backup). Just copy that config folder to a new install of whichever version you want.

Who said anything about adding drives? I use a Synology NAS over NFS. It worked for a year. Not great there were issues sometimes but always able to fix it.

I upgraded today to 6.11.5 and suddenly the server reboots every 10-15 minutes.  So my question is WHY?! I am stuck on this version now. There is nothing obvious in the logs.

1 hour ago, Steve1985 said:

Yes i did setup the syslog server. It's empty. Not sure where it's supposed to save to logs to...

Probably you need to tell it which server to log to. You have to tell it which server to log to (give it the IP of your Unraid server if that is what you want) and where on that server to save it.

(from that link)

• Logging to file local to Unraid server Using a bit of trickery we can use the Unraid server with the problem as the Local syslog server. This is appropriate if you want to continue to keep a permanent copy of the syslog but the file will not be as easy to access if the Unraid system is crashing. It also has the advantage of avoiding lots of writes to the flash drive. To achieve this you now add the IP address of this server as the Remote syslog server (Remember the mention of trickery). So basically, you send data out-of-the-server and it comes-right-back-in.

Yes i think i got that working. After i changed the syslog settings those csrf messages started popping up.

It's too bad. My conclusion for now is something in the NUC 8th gen is not playing nice with UnRaid 6.11. This is the second time i try this upgrade and the second time i rolled back.

On 6.10 it's been up for 20 minutes now so still working fine with same hardware etc.

Would it make a difference if i upgrade manually instead of using the GUI?

29 minutes ago, Steve1985 said:

Yes these errors stopped. but the random reboots persisted about every 15 minutes.

Personally, with a fifteen minute interval, I would set the syslog server to mirror the syslog to the Flash/boot) drive.  The reason for this is that you can very quickly get to the syslog.  Just pull the boot drive from the server and plug it into any type of PC.  (You might want to shut the server down but it is probably going to start a parity check on the restart anyway.)    

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

Personally, with a fifteen minute interval, I would set the syslog server to mirror the syslog to the Flash/boot) drive.  The reason for this is that you can very quickly get to the syslog.  Just pull the boot drive from the server and plug it into any type of PC.  (You might want to shut the server down but it is probably going to start a parity check on the restart anyway.)    

Maybe something for tomorrow. it's past midnight over here. Done some more reading seeing if i could find more recent cases of random reboots on 6.11. But most of them are on older versions and down to hardware.
To me it doesn't make sense the exact same hardware would work on 6.10 and not on 6.11.