Advice request, parity disk error

I have four errors on a parity disk and Unraid has disabled it. 

image.thumb.png.7d7e04ad99663df0e0b7f31693bc317c.png

I cannot run a SMART report on it, if I click the button to start it just flashes right back to "start".  The SMART history says it doesn't exist "Smartctl open device: /dev/sdf failed: No such device".

Is there a way to test this drive, or should I just swap it out (I have an exact replacement new in the wrapper)?  I'd prefer to see a test of the drive rather than blindly writing it off, but I'm unsure how at this point.  

Edited by Littleolme
Grammar

Normally you would post the complete diagnostics.zip file that is downloaded when you request them.   If instead of the zip file you are seeing individual files then it probably means that your system is showing the contents of the zip rather than the zip file itself, so you need to find where the zip file has bern put so you can upload it.

From your description it sounds as if the parity drive has dropped offline and the system probably needs a reboot/power cycle to get it back but the full diagnostics would allow us to confirm this.

10 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Parity dropped offline, check/replace cables/slot and post new diags after array start, also make sure spindown is dibbled since it's not supported by SAS devices

I'm sorry, you'll have to define "dibbled" for me, lol.

I was using an app to simulate the spindown at one point but I thought I had that removed and spindown turned off - I'll take a look again when I get home tonight.

No cables to replace as its a hard backplane, but plenty of spare slots if I need to relocate.  Can you tell me where in the diagnostics you're seeing this information?  Are you suggesting that the drive might still be good and just needs to have the parity rebuilt on it, possibly in a new slot?