2 Crashes in 2 days (Solved)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Well if you guys aren't sick of me yet here goes round 3.  So I've had 2 random crashes in as many days I have the syslog for todays crash so I'll upload that as well.  

Beyond that I've got 2 minor concerns from the syslog.  What would keep waking my drives up for smart checks every couple hours?  And why at around 2am did it report my cache full?

If I can get this solved I will gladly donate some local coffee beans to someones house. 

Thanks,

syslog-192.168.1.112.log wazserver-diagnostics-20230210-0857.zip

Edited by TheIlluminate
  • Solution
Feb  9 13:15:04 WazServer kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Feb  9 13:15:04 WazServer kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, upgrading to v6.10 or later and switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:
Feb  9 13:15:04 WazServer kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Feb  9 13:15:04 WazServer kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, upgrading to v6.10 or later and switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

I swear if that fixes this I will seriously send you a bag of coffee beans or 6 or at least something equivalent.  

Is there any limitation I should be aware of with switching to IPVLAN?

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Probably because it was. You have many shares besides the usual appdata, domains, system that are set to prefer cache. In fact, only one of your shares is on the array.

its a 500gb raid 1 cache.  Here's a pic of the sizes and I think system is only that big because I set the docker size to 250GB.  Everything else is on there for quick access.  If its causing that big of an issue do I need to split my cache into the 2 individual drives (i'm out of sata and nvme slots for now)?

Screenshot 2023-02-10 091240.png

1 hour ago, TheIlluminate said:

And why at around 2am did it report my cache full?

I notice for the ‘cache’ pool that you do have the Minimum Free Space setting as 0.     You should set it to something larger than the largest file you expect to get added to stop it ever becoming completely full.    I notice you do have this set non-zero for the other pool so maybe this just an oversight?

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I notice for the ‘cache’ pool that you do have the Minimum Free Space setting as 0.     You should set it to something larger than the largest file you expect to get added to stop it ever becoming completely full.    I notice you do have this set non-zero for the other pool so maybe this just an oversight?

I Feel dumb for that...just fixed.

• TheIlluminate changed the title to 2 Crashes in 2 days (Solved)