Server crashes when I start the Array

Go to solution Solved by MendipMan,

HI,

I hope someone can help me with this.  Last night I had a power cut.  Everything was going fine until I tried to start the Array back up.  I click the button and it starts bringing the array online but then crashes at the 'Starting Array' part and the only way I can get back into the server is a hard reboot.

Version: 6.9.2

Things Ive tried.

Boot into Safe mode: Works but cant start the Array.

Start Array in Maintenance mode: Works and I have checked and repaired all the Array drives. Array still wont start

Checked the flash drive in windows with chkdsk: No errors found.

I have included my diagnostics file.

E2A: Removed redundant log.

Edited by MendipMan

I doubt if the diagnostics file is going to show much.  What I would suggest you do is setup the syslog server to mirror the syslog to the flash drive.  Then upload the syslog file (in a new post in this thread/topic) after you arrange for a crash to occur.  The instructions are in this post:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-781601

• Like 1

When I copied off the syslog last time from the flash drive windows said it had an error and needed to be repaired.  I did this and tried to start the server again just in case it was an error with the flash drive.

Same problem, hangs halfway through starting the array so I left it for ten minutes to see if I could capture anymore data before shutting it down.  This time the syslog is a lot bigger so I have attached it to this post.

Last line in the log is trying to load the dynamix.system.stats plugin.

WebGUI shows all drive as working properly.

syslog

Edited by MendipMan
  • Solution

Turns out the system.stats plugin and the system.temps plugins were corrupted.

Removed them and the Array is back online!

Still have no idea how or why they corrupted and why when I reinstalled them it still didnt work but hey ho I can live without both so its all good.

Edited by MendipMan