We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Graceful and forced shutdown fail - "Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"

My unraid server used to run on a 3600X/B450 combo about a month ago and I experienced an error where both graceful AND forced shutdown failed and the server would just infinitely hang on terminal. I can type into terminal and interact with Unraid but it just can't shutdown. My only option is to power off the system by holding the power button.

I sold off my parts and moved to a 12700/Z690 combo and I am still experiencing the same problem. When I connect to my KVM i see the following

Waiting up to 90 seconds for graceful shutdown...

[...]

Forcing shutdown...

Starting diagnostics collection... sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"

Diagnostics attached. I created them immediately after my server booted up.devoraid-diagnostics-20230306-2008.zip

Can someone point me toward what is causing shutdown to hang?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.51716bfdc954bfcbc80526942e85420f.png

Edited by LumpyCustard

Since moving to an Intel based server and utilising QSV/NVENC i opted to retire my Server 2016 VM. I haven't done anything funky with IOMMU groups either.

When i WAS using a VM it was simply named "Windows Server 2016"

I currently have no VM's in Unraid and have disabled the VM service.

Edited by LumpyCustard

No, when i boot my server after failing to force shutdown it SOMETIMES says improper shutdown, other times it doesn't.

When i generate diagnostics it completes in about 10 seconds.

Once the array has started though the diagnostics take a long while to complete as it seems to be going through thousands of files in my Urbackup directory.

image.thumb.png.87fbbe21f4693ece6b6af3038d69fd6a.png

Edited by LumpyCustard

I posted a screenshot above. I have generated diagnostics dozens of times and i've never seen it do this before. Urbackup is a docker container i use to handle backups for my personal PC and a friend of mine who backs up over the internet. I've never seen it go through tens of thousands of files to generate a diagnostic before.

It's been generating a diagnostic for the last 5 minutes now and it's still going.

edit: 15 minutes now and it's still going lol.

Edited by LumpyCustard