Unable to Boot, bzroot checksum error

Go to solution Solved by Brandonb1987,

Not entirely sure whats going on. I've been running the latest stable release and i had to restart the server today and now I can't seem to boot back into unraid.

I've tried making a fresh usb, cant boot, 6.10, or 6.11.  6.9 gives me an ip6tables bond0 error and wont connect to my network?

Tried 2 different usbs, including one of the exact same I've been using for years to no avail.

I've done checksums on the files, all fine.

I've done a bios reset, didn't do anything.

I've tried adding the parms "intel_iommu=on iommu=pt" to my syslinux, nada....

I've tried fresh images, backups, NOTHING.

No hardware has changed, no settings were changed....

Can't get you any diagnostics but have attached the photo of the error.

PLZ HELP!

Error.JPG

Edited by Brandonb1987
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

That looks like a flash drive problem.

It looks like a problem reading from the flash drive and if it is this, sometimes downloading the zip file for the release that is on the flash drive from the Unraid web site and extracting all the bz* type files overwriting the ones on the flash drive can sometimes fix this.

• Solution

Well after a full afternoon of farting around...I managed to get it working again.

I first started by unplugging everything that isn't needed just to boot. Still did it.

Tried the internal header port with the new USB, nada.

Plugged the new usb into a random port in the back, OF COURSE THAT WORKS.

Try the old usb in the exact same port, nada.

Try different ports with different usbs, nada.

Plug the new usb into the known working port, LEAVE IT ALONE!

So I think something must have happened to one of the controllers on the MB? Which then barfed on the USB and killed it?

Either way, its working...FINALLY....

Edited by Brandonb1987
  • Like 1

Im having exact issue, but a new usb and working ports didnt fix my issue. I did take the old and new usb's and try in another machine and it booted just fine. 

So I'm thinking youre on to something with the motherboard and the usb controller. I tried updating bios and changing some settings to no progress.

My issue started when some docker containers gui wouldnt load up, so i would restart the docker but it would error and not start. I went to restart the server and got the bzroot checksum error

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2023 at 10:19 PM, Symonyi said:

Im having exact issue, but a new usb and working ports didnt fix my issue. I did take the old and new usb's and try in another machine and it booted just fine. 

So I'm thinking youre on to something with the motherboard and the usb controller. I tried updating bios and changing some settings to no progress.

My issue started when some docker containers gui wouldnt load up, so i would restart the docker but it would error and not start. I went to restart the server and got the bzroot checksum error

I have got the same issue twice in 6 months, would like to know why this is happening