Cache drive no longer first priority

Hi! Hopefully someone can help me out, I THINK I have narrowed my problem down but I have no idea how to sort it out.

I have Macrium set to back up my windows boot drive to my unraid box on a schedule and lately, what was once a ~25 minute backup is now takin closer to 3 hours.

From monitoring the main tab, it looks like it's writing to the slower HDD instead of the cache drive (or in some cases, simultaneously).

This has started happening recently so my guess is there's some threshold that's been passed whereby the backup skips the cache and starts writing to the array instead?

For context, I have 2 4tb HDDs (2.73 and 1.65 TB free on each) and 1 ssd cache (487gb free)

Can anyone point me in the right direction or at what I need to tweak to sort it out?

doghouse-diagnostics-20230307-1913.zip

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Do the target file names already exist on the array?    If a file already exists then it is overwritten in-situ.   Only new files would get sent to the cache.

That's a very good question. Afaik the names are different. Backups with a difference in date, so for example 20200307