Out Of Memory errors detected

Go to solution Solved by Kansur,

It keeps happening, so it is not a one time thing unfortunately.  Th error message is coming minutes after startup, I would not think ram would be getting unduly fragmented so soon after boot.  Not sure what you mean by limiting more ram.  I am not currently running any VMs, just dockers.  The dashboard shows I am only using 10% of 32 gigs of ram.  I am about to install the swapfile plugin and will see how that does.

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 11.52.21 AM.png

Tried swap, it got filled up as well.  Looking at the different diagnostics syslogs I have taken each time, avahi-daemon is what is triggering the out of memory error each time and is then killed.  It appears to be for Apple Bonjour services, I use macs, but I do not know if this is needed, or what could be done to fix.

Untitled 2.png

Untitled.png

Sorry for the delay again, I had to wait for a parity rebuild and then a large file transfer befor i could start rebooting the server willy-nilly.  Anyway, through the removal and adding of plugins and the culprit appears to be the unassigned devices plugin. 

You can see in the attached log files that right before avahi crashes out with an oom, unassigned devices throws some warnings while trying to do something with a local synology drive, not sure how or if that is related, I just know that I can boot fine and not get an out of memory error with every plugin installed, but as soon as I install the unassigned devices plugin it craps out.  And it will do it with or without the 2 unassigned devices addons.

Mar 17 15:17:10 Tower unassigned.devices: Warning: shell_exec(/sbin/arp -a 'ALFRED.local' 2>&1) took longer than 10s!
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 1 TIMES] ###
Mar 17 15:17:26 Tower unassigned.devices: Warning: shell_exec(/sbin/arp -a 'ALFRED' 2>&1) took longer than 10s!
Mar 17 15:17:36 Tower unassigned.devices: Warning: shell_exec(/sbin/arp -a 'ALFRED.local' 2>&1) took longer than 10s!
Mar 17 15:18:25 Tower kernel: avahi-daemon invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x100dca(GFP_HIGHUSER_MOVABLE|__GFP_ZERO), order=0, oom_score_adj=0

tower-diagnostics-20230317-1518.zip