Cannot connect to External disk on Unraid form windows 10...

The external drive does not show up in my Network connections in windows. If I try to connect to the external drive (named "Ext_Disk") attached to my Unraid from a windows 10 machine using: "\\10.0.0.140\mnt\disks\Ext_Disk", I get an error message saying that Windows cannot access or find this location. Same thing if I try to connect using "\\Phoenix\mnt\disks\Ext_Disk", or "\\Phoenix\Ext_Disk".

In Unraid, I have tried setting "Enable SMB Security?" to Yes and/or Private, but it still is not working. The external drive is mounted.

However, I do see my Unraid server, "Phoenix" on the Windows 10 machine and can access all of its shares, just not the external, unassigned hard drive.

How can I connect to the external drive on Unraid from my Windows 10 machine?

Edited by Erich
17 minutes ago, Erich said:

ws. If I try to connect to the external drive (named "Ext_Disk") attached to my Unraid from a windows 10 machine using: "\\10.0.0.140\mnt\disks\Ext_Disk"

That would be wrong path.   If it is going to be visible over SMB then you use the share name, not the Linux path internal to Unraid so it would be something like \\10.0.0.14\Ext_Disk

• JorgeB locked this topic