(SOLVED) Drives not visible but spinning in unraid using LSI SAS 9201-8i

Hello everyone, 

Couldnt find any answers that helped browsing the internet so here goes:

Trying to get some drives to run on my new unraid server through a LSI SAS 9201-8i card in IT mode with updated firmware through this guide.

The drives are working, all are visible when I just use a SATA cable to connect them to the motherboard directly. I have used 2 different breakout cables to check for a single faulty one, but neither will show the drives.

I've added the diagnostics zip hoping someone can help me out. 

If anyone requires additional information please let me know and I will send it asap.

Thanks in advance.

- Danny

tower-diagnostics-20230405-2043.zip

Edited by Gnix

This is the type of cable you are looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Internal-SFF-8087-Breakout/dp/B012BPLYJC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=19STQPX4X0V3H&keywords=sff-8087%2Bto%2Bsata%2Bforward%2Bbreakout&qid=1680732769&sprefix=forward%2Bbreak%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-3&th=1

Notice the HOST and TARGET designations in the last picture.  Now look at the drawing of your cable for those same designations. 

Also try to get one with a .5M cable and you will probably have less excess cable to deal with.  

• Gnix changed the title to (SOLVED) Drives not visible but spinning in unraid using LSI SAS 9201-8i