Question about mover & Mover Tuning plugin

Hello!

I have 2 questions regarding those things:

1. How does mover work? Is it copying from /mnt/cache to /mnt/user0 directory? Asking, because recently I didn't want to run mover on all of my files, wanted to move some old of them, and was performing this manually. Did I do something incorrectly?

2. How Mover tuning plugin behaves with moving files based off on age? Let's say I have configured the threshold of used space at 70%, and want to move files only that are older than 21 days. Will it move files before filling 70%, or will it wait for it, and then only move files that are older than 21 days?

Thank you a lot, it's my first post here, but I am totally enjoying this beautiful OS and the whole community :).

Edited by silverkin
  • 1 year later...

I was actually wondering the second question you asked so I searched the forums first and instead of posting a new thread, I figured I would just tag onto this one.

My understanding thus far to answer your question:

1. Mover moves the files from /mnt/cache to /mnt/disk1 or /mnt/disk2 depending on your Allocation method in Share settings.

2. To quote itimpi in this post:

Mover does not have the concept of older files being moved first so that is not an option.   There has been some discussion as to whether this might one day be available but I have seen no commitment made to it actually happening.

Granted that was in 2022, so not sure how much has changed since then. Hope this helps.

33 minutes ago, unraid_user11 said:

instead of posting a new thread, I figured I would just tag onto this one

Questions about Mover Tuning plugin should use the existing support thread for that plugin. 

• Like 1
  • JorgeB locked this topic