Update issues from 6.11.0

Go to solution Solved by unTECH,

Hi folks,
I've been running 6.11.0 for a bit, and I know 6.11.5 is out, but when I go to the update page, it just says "not available" -- I'm also unable to install the Community Apps plugin. I'm not seeing any errors in the console.

image.png.d86c23e004a474643dc2789d1d7adf19.png

Clicking "check for updates" just does "checking" for a while before saying "checking finished" with no indications it actually did anything.

image.png.a55c64396805e150b85a908c6c7d9be6.png

Anyone run into this before? Any time I tried Googling "unRAID update not available", I got links to people having Docker apps give them this message [and I'm currently not running anything in Docker]

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Followed along with this one -- checked that my firewall wasn't blocking anything, as well as trying different DNS servers; no changes.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

@unTECH

Not an answer to why you get your current symptoms, but It is worth pointing out that you can always manually upgrade as described here inthe online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

This is good to know -- I might try this tomorrow if the problem persists, maybe it'll fix it. Not sure if it might be a glitch in the version I'm running now, as I haven't updated it before.

A bit of an update, but no progress -- I manually updated to 6.11.5, but the issue persists. I also realized that the time was wrong on the server; I thought it might have been an issue with the default NTP servers, so I tried putting in alternates from nist.gov, and it fails to update the time from any of their servers. I then decided to make sure I could ping them, but I can't -- "Name or service not known (-2)", and even pinging google.com gives this error. I'm looking into it being some network issue again -- we have been having issues with our domain servers acting strangely, so maybe they're not playing nice with DNS. 

• 1 month later...