[Support] Djoss - FreeFileSync

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2023 at 5:09 AM, motoflyer said:

Hello,

can you please explain how do install "paid" version of FreeFileSync on this container?

Thanks in advance!

Currently this is not possible, because the source code of the paid version is obviously not available and it also doesn't support Alpine Linux, the OS on which this container is based on.

• 2 months later...

I was completing a file sync and I click the button that said "Minimize to notification area", then my Free File Sync docker tab went black and I see no way to maximize it aside from restarting the docker container.   Any ideas?

**EDIT:  The window restored to normal view when the sync was finished.

Edited by mayhemkrew
  • 2 months later...

New to Unraid from Windows, and having access to FFS on day 1 was a big help. Thank you.

Silly question, but I deleted several of my FFS sync profiles through the GUI with the 'delete to recycle bin' option on.

Do these actually go anywhere?

I'm rather new to linux, and I'm always paranoid I'm cluttering things up.

Sorry if this is more of a fundamental docker question than an container-specific one, but it seemed like the best place to start.

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2023 at 3:14 PM, nmkaufman said:

New to Unraid from Windows, and having access to FFS on day 1 was a big help. Thank you.

Silly question, but I deleted several of my FFS sync profiles through the GUI with the 'delete to recycle bin' option on.

Do these actually go anywhere?

I'm rather new to linux, and I'm always paranoid I'm cluttering things up.

Sorry if this is more of a fundamental docker question than an container-specific one, but it seemed like the best place to start.

Recycle bin is not supported, so files are permanently removed :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/19/2024 at 6:20 AM, phunky1 said:

Hello, I am having issues getting the cron schedules to work.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

vivaldi_h0xSf1692u.png.1b3b5148adb95eeace33231e5444fb3b.png

vivaldi_VFVmzmmJ6Y.thumb.png.93a0543c7af7d5c08322049825be4bfc.png

You did a type in the variable name: it should be "FFS_SCHEDULED_BATCH_JOB_2_NAME" and not "FFS_SCHEDULED_JOB_2_NAME".

3 hours ago, Djoss said:

You did a type in the variable name: it should be "FFS_SCHEDULED_BATCH_JOB_2_NAME" and not "FFS_SCHEDULED_JOB_2_NAME".

Wow, I can't believe I missed that I tried more than a few times not sure how I copied that out wrong....Thanks!!

I have a question, any way to run a command on start\end?  want to send a curl command to healthchecks for start\stop if possible.

Thanks for the great app!

3 hours ago, phunky1 said:

I have a question, any way to run a command on start\end?  want to send a curl command to healthchecks for start\stop if possible.

Freefilesync itself has an option to run command on completion (Action->Synchronization settings). But I think there is nothing for the start. However, you can open a feature request on https://github.com/jlesage/docker-freefilesync/issues. It should be possible to add some hooks for scheduled jobs.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if this is a silly question, as it seems obvious.  I've scanned through the Github docs, and don't see any ref there either...

How do I get access to computers on my local network, to choose them as the source/target for a sync?

In my situation, I need to sync from a folder on a PC on my LAN (old server) to my new server (unraid). 

This seems super basic, but the docker doesn't seem to be able to see my network devices at all.

Thanks for the cool docker, and any help you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2024 at 10:30 AM, Elmojo said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, as it seems obvious.  I've scanned through the Github docs, and don't see any ref there either...

How do I get access to computers on my local network, to choose them as the source/target for a sync?

In my situation, I need to sync from a folder on a PC on my LAN (old server) to my new server (unraid). 

This seems super basic, but the docker doesn't seem to be able to see my network devices at all.

Thanks for the cool docker, and any help you can provide.

I would instead mount the network share on unRAID itself. Then, you can map the folder to the container.