Cannot start VM due to missing USB

I have an intermittant problem where a working VM will not restart due to a missing usb. 

When unraid is restarted I often see this particular VM stopped.  When looking in the vm unraid setup the required usb is passed through but not enabled - instead the "missing usb" is enabled and the vm wont start.

Disabling the missing usb and re-enabling the correct usb means I can restart the vm.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the passed through USB is not being seen and stopping the vm starting?

cheers

9 minutes ago, mauriceatkinson@btconnect. said:

I have an intermittant problem where a working VM will not restart due to a missing usb. 

When unraid is restarted I often see this particular VM stopped.  When looking in the vm unraid setup the required usb is passed through but not enabled - instead the "missing usb" is enabled and the vm wont start.

Disabling the missing usb and re-enabling the correct usb means I can restart the vm.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the passed through USB is not being seen and stopping the vm starting?

cheers

Are you able to post diagnostics. Is the usb required for the VM as an optional setting was added to allow the VM start if the usb is missing but  depends on how crticial that is. You could hotplug at a later point.