We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Device is disabled, contents emulated, click to spin down device

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

As a non-native English speaker, looking at SMART reports makes me dizzy, and I would really appreciate any help in analyzing the cause of the problem.

One extra problem, when my hard drive is doing parity check, the speed of one of the hard drives suddenly decreases with a 'dada' sound. After a period of time, this hard disk will be disabled. Even if this hard drive is a new hard drive just bought

Attach diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread.

35 minutes ago, UNRidy said:

parity check, the speed of one of the hard drives suddenly decreases with a 'dada' sound. After a period of time, this hard disk will be disabled. Even if this hard drive is a new hard drive just bought

Sounds like a power delivery problem. Either PSU too small, or wiring / connections.

31 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Sounds like a power delivery problem. Either PSU too small, or wiring / connections.

I also suspected the problem of the power supply, but the theoretical power of my power supply is 400w, which should be enough for six hard drives.
This problem caused me to lose dozens of G of important data

lenas-diagnostics-20230605-0316.zip

Edited by UNRidy
  • Solution

Looks like multiple drives connection problems. How are your drives connected to power? Any splitters? All on the same power cable?

1 hour ago, UNRidy said:

power supply is 400w

But is that available for the drives? Some PC power supplies expect to give most of the power to GPU with not many disks. What is the exact model of your PSU?

My power supply has two output cables that support SATA,
I connected three hard drives in parallel to each
A total of 6 hard drives

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Looks like multiple drives connection problems. How are your drives connected to power? Any splitters? All on the same power cable?

I don't have GPU device. I'm not sure you can find this PSU in your country , The following picture is the property of the PSU:

image.thumb.png.3f7d1277740eab53878a424e2178ecbf.png

Edited by UNRidy
  • 3 weeks later...