How do I keep my network interfaces from switching on reboot?

Unraid version: 6.11.5
I have two NICs in my system; a 1G NIC built into the motherboard which is unused, and a 2.5G NIC on an external card which is the primary network connection. Originally, I had the 2.5G NIC setup as eth0 and the 1G NIC setup as eth1, which bridging, etc. turned on on eth0 for my VMs. However I discovered that after a reboot my VM wasn't able to connect to the network and upon further investigation it seems that the NICs have switched places, with the 1G NIC becoming eth0 and the 2.5G card becoming eth1, which has bridging disabled. Is there a way to lock a NIC to a particular interface so that it doesn't change at reboot?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 11:51 PM, JorgeB said:

It's missing that setting, delete/rename /boot/config/network.cfg (and network-rules.cfg if it exists) and reboot, note that network settings will go to default DHCP.

Renamed the network config to a different name. Finally got the chance to reboot. The interfaces switched places again, but I still don't see the setting to assign the interfaces. Any ideas what would cause this?

17 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

In your new post, attach your diagnostics file.  Be sure that this file includes the time period when you updated the configuration with the desired settings.

Diagnostics attached. Not really sure what you mean by "when you updated the configuration"; I can't update the configuration to assign a NIC to eth0 because the menu to do so isn't there.

tower-diagnostics-20230629-2011.zip

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Had you stopped the array?    Not currently in a position to check, but I suspect that is needed.

Yes the array was stopped. If the array isn’t stopped then all the NIC configuration fields get grayed out and a message tells you to stop the array.

37 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Network-rules.cfg is not getting created, without that you won't have an option to select the NICs, you can try deleting network.cfg and reboot to try again or update to v6.12 to see if it's any different.

No dice. I guess I’ll go to 6.12.2 now. Hopefully I don’t see stuff spontaneously disappear like others have…

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Network-rules.cfg is not getting created, without that you won't have an option to select the NICs, you can try deleting network.cfg and reboot to try again or update to v6.12 to see if it's any different.

Upgraded to 6.12.2, still no menu to set the NIC assignments. Also 6.12.2 caused my array to no longer stop properly, fun :(

image.thumb.png.d3695d885b0765d12fd2ef53a2b51dab.png

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You'd need to try with a different NIC/board, unfortunately this is known to sometimes happen.

Um, ok? Is there a list of officially supported NICs? I thought I would be safe with the Intel I211 in my motherboard and Intel I225-V in my 2.5G card…