In 6.12.1: In syslog the following is seen - BTRFS: error (device loop2: state EA) in cleanup_transaction:1958: errno=-5 IO failure and Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to write to Docker Image

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Today I was unable to restart a container (Dashy) which is unusual. I tried a few more and saw the same behavior.
I looked at the system log and saw the following errors regarding BTRFS:

Jun 23 04:01:16 kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): block=22634053632 write time tree block corruption detected
Jun 23 04:01:16 kernel: BTRFS: error (device loop2) in btrfs_commit_transaction:2460: errno=-5 IO failure (Error while writing out transaction)

Fix common problems reports:  Unable to write to Docker Image.

Previously I noticed issues showing up on Disk 5 of the array so I ordered an 18 TB drive as a replacement. I have it on hand as a replacement.
I also noticed space was getting tight on the (1TB) vms_nvme - so I had purchased a (4TB) nvme - maybe it needs to go to another location instead?

I attached the diagnostics for your review. 

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

frankenstein-diagnostics-20230623-0957.zip

That was a new image. I followed your link and then reinstalled the applications. It sounds like you may have wanted me to stop after the new image was created - is that right?

As the apps were installing, I saw warnings for space and then I realized that you may not have wanted me to go ahead and reinstall. 

ok and I did see where the image size was 30 GB and the img file is 32.2.
I will repeat the image build and set the size to 50 GB this time.

Also my Docker custom network type was maclan and I saw in Fix Common Problems where that should be set to ipvlan.
Can you confirm that?  I attached a screen capture of what I saw.FixCommonProblems.thumb.jpg.7e6c295ea8c1c6287c75b959fbadea92.jpg

I see this in the system log when I try to re-enable docker:

Jun 23 15:03:58 Frankenstein nginx: 2023/06/23 15:03:58 [error] 8108#8108: *1695174 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.122.218, server: , request: "POST /update.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.122.12", referrer: "http://192.168.122.12/Settings/DockerSettings"

The Unraid graphic is moving but I don't think it is doing anything after that timeout message. Guess I should just stop it?

I refreshed the page and it is stopped and indicates docker is enabled - but the status says stopped.
I can see the Docker menu heading and when I click on it, there is a message that says Docker Service failed to start. The message under it is
Couldn't create socket: [2] No such file or directory.

I am also seeing this error - every 10 minutes from the libvirt log:

11336: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1791 : End of file while reading data: Input/output error
Screen capture attached.

Regarding this error above:

Jun 24 02:37:33 Frankenstein nginx: 2023/06/24 02:37:33 [error] 8108#8108: *2100935 connect() to unix:/var/run/emhttpd.socket failed (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.122.218, server: , request: "POST /update.htm HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/var/run/emhttpd.socket:/update.htm", host: "192.168.122.12", referrer: "http://192.168.122.12/Settings/ManagementAccess"

I can reproduce this by going to Management Access and click on 'RENEW'.  I was investigating this because I was directed here by 'Fix Common Problems' -
Legacy certificate detected       Your unraid.net certificate needs to be upgraded to a myunraid.net certificate ASAP. 

libvirt_error_log.jpg

Edited by Ablatem
adding certificate information

I first tried reboot from the menu and that didn't work - I gave it 40 minutes.  Then I did a hard reboot by pressing the server power button until it powered down and then restarted.

After a restart , the array is up and it appears the new image file is in place because it is indicating docker is up. There are no applications yet because I wasn't sure if I should reinstall or wait for additional diagnostics. Parity-check in progress. 

These are the only two items I now see in Fix Common Problems:
Legacy certificate detected            Your unraid.net certificate needs to be upgraded to a myunraid.net certificate ASAP

Share appdata set to use pool cache_nvme, but files / folders exist on the cache_ssd pool -  Either adjust which pool this share should be using or manually move the files with Dynamix File Manager

New diags attached.

frankenstein-diagnostics-20230624-1055.zip

Yes a new docker image was created but I haven't installed any apps yet.  Everything else looks ok except what I see in the libvirt log - every 10 mins this is generated:
2023-06-25 14:17:49.025+0000: 9655: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1791 : End of file while reading data: Input/output error

I will attach a screen capture.

Should I reinstall my apps?

libvirt_error_log_after_restart.thumb.jpg.ec2f0bddce82b8e15882041f6ed0d316.jpg

I reinstalled most of my apps and so far so good. The only strange thing I see and maybe it's not strange - is some of the container sizes.
Is over a GB normal?  I attached a screen capture.

Regarding the VM's - I do have 22 with 9 of those running. I still see the error messages in libvirt log - screen shot attached.

At this point my problem of not being able to write to the docker image is resolved.
Are the errors in the libvirt log anything I should be concerned about?

ContainerSize.jpg

libvirt_log.jpg

• 2 weeks later...