#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
cp /boot/config/rules.d/99-usb-rules.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb-rules.rules
chmod 644 /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb-rules.rules
udevadm control --reload-rules
udevadm trigger --attr-match=subsystem=usb
hdparm -W 1 /dev/sdi
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Is that what you are expecting?  If so, please reboot and then upload a new set of diagnostics so we can compare.

Seeing this kind of stuff always makes me nervous, I'd suggest that you add comments explaining what all these commands do, perhaps including links to the forum post or guide you got them from. This will help you in the future if you forget why you added them : ) and it will help anyone who is trying to help you in your forums.

59 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

The go script in these diagnostics looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
cp /boot/config/rules.d/99-usb-rules.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb-rules.rules
chmod 644 /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb-rules.rules
udevadm control --reload-rules
udevadm trigger --attr-match=subsystem=usb
hdparm -W 1 /dev/sdi
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Is that what you are expecting?  If so, please reboot and then upload a new set of diagnostics so we can compare.

Seeing this kind of stuff always makes me nervous, I'd suggest that you add comments explaining what all these commands do, perhaps including links to the forum post or guide you got them from. This will help you in the future if you forget why you added them : ) and it will help anyone who is trying to help you in your forums.

The usb stuff is just for persisting a printer to a specific path to a docker print server.  hdparm is suggested from common fixes.  My problem is it is reverting back to hdparm -W 1 /dev/sdh.  But I have changed it multiple times and it reverts.  And for some reason it didn't this time.  Quite strange.

Please don't take this the wrong way : ) but when it fails, are you sure you are editing the right file? For instance, if there happens to be a copy of the go script in the wrong place, maybe you are editing that one instead of the one in the config folder?

If you are 100% sure you are editing the right file, then I would suspect the flash drive is starting to fail. You should grab a backup (Main -> Boot -> Flash -> Flash Backup) and then get a new flash drive on order just in case. You don't need to actually swap it out yet, just have it ready in case there are other symptoms of failure.

34 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Please don't take this the wrong way : ) but when it fails, are you sure you are editing the right file? For instance, if there happens to be a copy of the go script in the wrong place, maybe you are editing that one instead of the one in the config folder?

If you are 100% sure you are editing the right file, then I would suspect the flash drive is starting to fail. You should grab a backup (Main -> Boot -> Flash -> Flash Backup) and then get a new flash drive on order just in case. You don't need to actually swap it out yet, just have it ready in case there are other symptoms of failure.

Well I would echo out the file after editing to ensure changes persisted.  But its a brand new flash drive and the changes are there now.  Just not sure why it didn't work a few times.