"413 request entity too large" (Nextcloud)

Go to solution Solved by rapt,

Hello all,

New to the forum, Unraid and all the fun that comes with!

I have spent alot of time looking through posts online to try and help solve my issue "413 request entity too large" I've tried a few fixes and am still struggling... My skills are very limited so i need very basic instructions to help me make changes.

I have set up my unraid on a seperate server and have since installed Plex and Nextcloud with help from Spaceinvaderone videos.

Im using the linux docker and MariaDB for nextcloud and Swag as my reverse proxy.

Fixes so far..

I changed text in "/etc/php82# nano php.ini" using a video online from Filamore and this has resulted in my nextcloud showing the following:

Memory limit: 4GB

Max execution time: 3600

Upload max size: 16GB

I have changed "Max_client_body 0;" to "Max_client_body 10240M;" in /mnt/user/appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf

any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Solution

Hey,

i had the exact same problem with the same setup. For me the solution was:

Changing the client_max_body_size values in mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/nginx.conf and mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default.conf
Restart the docker and hopefully you will be good to go. I also ran in to a 504 error for gateway timed out after this fix since i was transporting pretty large files, so i changed the client_body_timeout value also in mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default.conf

Changing the values in the Swag instance didnt seem to do anything. I dont know what you did in the php.ini file, but maybe change it back also.

After this all my files synced without problems! I still get some 504 errors after files finish syncing, but the files go through and do get synced even if the server displays errors.1130291975_Nyttkuva2023-07-13012113.thumb.png.a4147f6de0037a7e7e77b122af2e7ac6.png

Hi rapt,

Thanks for the response! I have created a post on the container support page but not had any nibbles yet....

I am currently away from my system until next week, but I'll give this a shot when I get home. I have definitely only changed the client_max_body_size in one location and I have been using Config/Terminal to find and edit the text. Am I right in thinking you are somehow navigating to the location in Unraid rather than using a text address in "terminal" ?

I opened Terminal in Unraid and type in the following - "nano /mnt/user/appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf" then make the changes there.

Cheers,

Daver

Yes i am using the Dynamix file manager plugin, it gives you a bit more traditional file manager if you arent used to using the terminal. What ever you want to use is fine. The command for editing the files in the terminal would be:

nano /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/nginx.conf

nano /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default.conf

Hey Rapt,

I can confirm this has fixt the issue for me!

THANK YOU ETERNALY!!

My issue was that i could not find those locations in my system.... I tryed lots of different "copied" text strings but none were found. Your ones worked for me and i just updated the max client body to 10240M.

I think i will be tryiong out Dynamix file manager plugin as well, i think this will make it easier for future changes.

Thank you again Rapt - Legend!