Server Freezing

Hi guys.

Last few months my Server has been freezing anywhere from once a day to once every week.

Its running a i7 6700 32gb of ram, 2x LSI 8 Port IT Mode raid cards.

I have swapped out the mother board, CPU, RAM, and the 2 raid cards and its still happening.

99% of the time the screen is just black and keyboard commands don't work so I have to force restart it.

RAID check finished most of the time and has no errors

I would like to thank everyone in advance for any advice as its very frustrating.

XFS (md11p1): Metadata corruption detected at xfs_dinode_verify+0xa0/0x732 [xfs], inode 0x18f3cf17b dinode
XFS (md11p1): Unmount and run xfs_repair
XFS (md11p1): First 128 bytes of corrupted metadata buffer:

PXL_20230713_221316590.jpg

monsta-nas-diagnostics-20230714-0813.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I have not swapped out the disks that had the issue but i did the repair instead.

Infact since then I did repair on all the disks and i still have the random freeze issue.

i have replaced every single component except the harddrives so far.

Motherboard, ram, raid controllers, CPU, UNRAID USB, 

I added fans over the raid controllers for better air flow in case the 3x120 in the case and the 3x 120 intake fans were not enough as raid controllers did run a bit to warm for my liking.

Personally, i think this all started about the same week as the 6.12 update and i have not had any issues for years before that. 

If i cant get to the bottom of this i will go back to my synology and just get an expansion for it.

I have already replicated about 25tb of data to the synology in SYNC .

I would like to thank anyone for any help in advance.

• 6 months later...
On 7/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, DeNNii said:

Hi guys

I have not swapped out the disks that had the issue but i did the repair instead.

Infact since then I did repair on all the disks and i still have the random freeze issue.

i have replaced every single component except the harddrives so far.

Motherboard, ram, raid controllers, CPU, UNRAID USB, 

I added fans over the raid controllers for better air flow in case the 3x120 in the case and the 3x 120 intake fans were not enough as raid controllers did run a bit to warm for my liking.

Personally, i think this all started about the same week as the 6.12 update and i have not had any issues for years before that. 

If i cant get to the bottom of this i will go back to my synology and just get an expansion for it.

I have already replicated about 25tb of data to the synology in SYNC .

I would like to thank anyone for any help in advance.

Were you able to find the issue? I have had the same issue.  I changed out my CPU, motherboard, Memory, Cache drive.

It seems it's the Docker applications but was unable to figure out which one. 

I had turned on 1 at a time and left running for days 1 app at a time and it seems to crash but with all docker off it works fine and no crashes. 

I offloaded that portion to a Plex Machine I had on Linux in portainer and that was my fix.

I have since then got unraid on a firewall mini PC i has spare and disabled the portainer stuff in the linux SFF PC.

for docker diagnosing i had remade the docker img as well and that didnt do anything beside somehow delete the content of the docker things i had but lucky i had a backup.

My best guess its some weird permission issue but the docker fix permission thing didnt fix it but it did make it happen less often.

I dont use it as the main server any more due to this mess and my synology took on that role (8bay) and i recently started leaving the unraid storage server off and turn on weekly/by-weekly and it does a sync and then i turn it off. 

So now my mini PC does all the unraid stuff. physical 9th gen i7 with p2000 does plex, Synology main and BIG NAS (Unraid just backup)