Array has 1 SMART error

So I got a notification and saw in my dashboard that I have smart error.  Can you help me how can I solve this error?

array.jpg.e6b5797494b9372ad84d64379fdff9a0.jpg

When I click disk 1, it shows this error:

1382642840_disk1error.thumb.jpg.262938603c7037d3e708b8566f59b8ac.jpg

I already run parity check(with Write corrections to parity - checked) but has found no error. I ran SMART short self-test but completed without error. I then ran an extended test on the disk 1 and it's now on 70% (will update you later).

In the meantime, I'm attaching here the diagnostics and SMART report for your checking. Hope we can fix this without replacing the drive. 😰

diagnostics-20230716-1957.zip smart-20230716-1929.zip

Edited by HHUBS
1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Let the extended check run and see if other things pop up, but the "fix" is just to acknowledge it for now. If it gets worse you're gonna have to look into replacing it.

Finished the extended test and it was completed without error. Attached file for the updated SMART report. Still, it has error on dashboard. Will try to sync parity. Update you later.

smart-20230716-2141.zip

8 hours ago, itimpi said:

Note that if uou click on the orange icon you will get a pop-up menu and if you acknowledge the error you will only get prompted again if it changes.

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Click on the thumb and select acknowledge.

Parity check won't change a thing to that display and is unnecessary. This is internal to the drive.

I didn't do parity check. I just stop start the array. I did acknowledge the error but when I click the disk and go to its attributes, the "highlights" is still there like in the image below.

error.thumb.PNG.c66630cf54d46f3657b1cdf1323a53aa.PNG

BTW, when I stop start the array, the "Reads" column in the parity is 0. Is that normal?array.thumb.PNG.271530f0574c769da9484c59175649c7.PNG

6 hours ago, HHUBS said:

the "highlights" is still there like in the image below.

That'll stay for the rest of the drive's life. You'll be notified by a thumbs down again if it gets worse.

6 hours ago, HHUBS said:

BTW, when I stop start the array, the "Reads" column in the parity is 0. Is that normal?

Yes.

Edited by Kilrah
  • Thanks 1