OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB SSD - $50 after MIR

Rajahal

Guys, your thoughts, I was thinking of picking one up for my Dell D620 or D630 laptops, would I see a good difference or not much?

Anyone try these in one of my models and had issues?

I installed an Intel x25-v with lower specs (170MBps/35MBps R/W) in my desktop a few years ago and saw an enormous speed upgrade. It's by no means cutting edge compared to newer drives, but you're also paying less than $1/GB.

If you've never had one, for $50, you can't go wrong. Just keep in mind the reduced storage space (Mind you, my drive only has 40GB, and I've survived :)).

• 2 weeks later...

These are just the BEST for laptop upgrades. Not just OCZ, but any good SSD drive. I have a small computer in my living room that I use while I watch TV and I installed a 60GB X-25 Intel SSD. It was such a great improvement. Made the computer real snappy and a pleasure to use. I have a few computers and I plan on installing SSD's in all of them for the OS/boot drive.

Guys, your thoughts, I was thinking of picking one up for my Dell D620 or D630 laptops, would I see a good difference or not much?

I'm sure you will see great improvement, I installed one in my convertible tablet and I will never go back.

The only other drive in 2.5" form factor I would use are the momentus XT 500GB or possibly a 1TB samsung.

With each of my laptops, I've swapped out the drives for the momentus XT and/or an SSD.

The 1TB drive is for my DJ archive, so space is needed more then speed.

I'm sure you will see great improvement, I installed one in my convertible tablet and I will never go back.

The only other drive in 2.5" form factor I would use are the momentus XT 500GB or possibly a 1TB samsung.

With each of my laptops, I've swapped out the drives for the momentus XT and/or an SSD.

The 1TB drive is for my DJ archive, so space is needed more then speed.

Thanks! prices are falling and I spent a bit to much lately, so I will hang tight, thank you all for your advice/experience.

I put a 128GB SSD in my netbook when I bought it a couple of months ago.  Yes, it boots fast, but more importantly, I gained about 50% extra battery life and it stays super cool and silent.

I think I might pick up one of these 60GB for my HTPC boot drive.  I still need additional storage for the tuner, but the SSD will be great for boot.

Archived