SLI connected nvidia GPU´s.

I'm reorganising my servers, and was planning to sell a gpu. But prices are quite low for this gpu, so I'm keeping it. I'm thinking og bridging two nvidia gpu´s together and pass the thru to a VM. 

The question: Is it any limitation for passing thru two SLI connected gpu´s in Unraid?

13 hours ago, frodr said:

The question: Is it any limitation for passing thru two SLI connected gpu´s in Unraid?

SLI in a VM is only possible with hacks IIRC but I have not tried if this is even working.

I used it back in the day on a non supported Motherboard with Clover and a custom dsdt file where I injected a few lines so that the driver thinks that my Motherboard is SLI compatible.

I've written a tutorial on win-raid.com back in the day but the Forums there are not available anymore... :/

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

SLI in a VM is only possible with hacks IIRC but I have not tried if this is even working.

I used it back in the day on a non supported Motherboard with Clover and a custom dsdt file where I injected a few lines so that the driver thinks that my Motherboard is SLI compatible.

I've written a tutorial on win-raid.com back in the day but the Forums there are not available anymore... :/

Thanks for the feedback. My motherboard is supporting SLI, but I don't think I follow that idea.

24 minutes ago, frodr said:

My motherboard is supporting SLI, but I don't think I follow that idea.

You have to understand that you have to pass through the two GPUs separately to the VM and then you have to create a SLI but that is not possible because the emulated Motherboard doesn‘t support SLI even if your Motherboard supports it, the VM doesn‘t see your real Motherboard. So to speak you will need some kind of workaround to create the SLI in the VM otherwise the option won‘t even show up in the driver.

Hope that makes more sense to you.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to understand that you have to pass through the two GPUs separately to the VM and then you have to create a SLI but that is not possible because the emulated Motherboard doesn‘t support SLI even if your Motherboard supports it, the VM doesn‘t see your real Motherboard. So to speak you will need some kind of workaround to create the SLI in the VM otherwise the option won‘t even show up in the driver.

Hope that makes more sense to you.

Thanks, it makes sense.