72GB docker size, containers only 8GB

Looks like you removed a bunch of files / folders from the diagnostics.  We need them all.

Assuming though that you are using a docker image (Settings - Docker) then what you are seeing is correct.  You've set the image size to be 72G (bit large for 99% of users but besides the point) and the graph shows what is in use within that 72G

Docker image is pre-allocated to the size you set (and there is also overhead, which is why you're seeing more than 10% on the graph

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am back once again.

I have recently moved from Zoneminder to Agent DVR as well as I have started using Cloudflare tunnels in place of Swag, for some dockers.

In doing all of this I fear I have screwed something up.

My docker container for Agent DVR on my server with 26 cameras is at 15.7gb abd my container on the system with 15 cameras is at 1.7gb

I do not see anything different on the two systems but I have been known to miss the obvious before.

I am attaching the diagnostic for the 26 camera 15.7gb docker

I am not sure if the answer is in the diagnostic but I'd really appreciate any assistance  that I could get on this

Chas

tower-diagnostics-20230930-1846.zip

You've set the docker image size to be 70Gig.  Doesn't matter how much size you're actually using inside the image (in your case 21G) the image will always take up 70G on your storage device.

If you don't want any wasted space and the "image" to always take up more or less the exact size of what's installed then you switch to a docker folder (Settings - Docker) and then reinstall everythig.

IE: Everything is correct.

Now if you're questioning the 21G total being utilized, the answers you're looking for will be shown on Docker, Container Size

Well yes and thank you. but i am really more concerned with the 15gb agentdvr docker, I just had the system freeze up I think it filled up the 75gb  I had just rebooted the system when I rebooted it was at 15.7 now its at 21gb.

I have two machines running the same docker and posted the mapping from both.

I just can't figre out what is filling up the docker on that machine.

Thanks

Chas

image.png

image.png

OK I know what the problem was because I recreated it on the server that the image wasn't growing. Agentdvr archive setting.

/mnt/user/cctv/spy_archive mapped in the main storage tab.

image.thumb.png.baa716ddf23a7ac1420781b4508ff523.png

Individual cam storage setting has /mnt/user/cctv/spy_archive but it doesn't seem to be working as when I turned on archive, the docker image grew by 9gb overnight.

At this point I can live without archiving the videos, I just need to delete the videos from the docker image?

image.thumb.png.c4d66720a073e46eafb59c8abbee50fd.png

Any chance you can point me in the right direction to find out how to do that?

Should I recreate the whole docker image?

Thanks 

Chas