Insame amount of used RAM, unable to find the cause

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi, i'm having some prolem with the RAM usage, after boot i nearly have 2G of used ram but after two days it reach 8G, in about a week it fill 24G of ram, and at that point i need to reboot the system.

doing the command ps aux | awk '{print $6/1024 " MB\t\t" $11}' | sort -n i have found an  strange amount of dhcpcd processram.txt.

graph of memory usage of the last two days: image.png.31d8249f562db8e04cc288931ee33e43.png

casaz-nas-diagnostics-20230819-2301.zip

Edited by AlexZap

18 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Then there's likely some app with a memory leak, post the diagnostics when that happens to see if there's something visible.

found the cause, i configured unraid to use only ipv4 and ram usage returned to normal but now i can't re enable ipv6+ipv4, ipv6 memory leak problem?. i think something is wrong with unraid and ipv6, after applying settings nothing change, only reboot apply settings and the server is unable to get a dns server from dhcp

Edited by AlexZap
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem. After a couple days my ram became full and I had to restart the server. Otherwise the system was unresponsive.

I used Netdata to find the cause: there was something like memory-dhcp which used a lot of ram.

I think it was a network misconfig. I solved it like this:

settings --> network --> ip adress assign for ipv4 and ipv6 from automatic to static

settings --> docker --> advanced view --> deactivate custom ipv4 and ipv6 network on br0

No problems since I changed that.