Disk seen in bios and also in tools->system devices. However, it's not available for the cache pool

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I have two 128G SSD drives that I'm using for cache.  (I know it's not a lot, but it's what I have).   The bios sees them and Tools->system devices sees them.  /dev/sda and dev/sdb  However, I'm only allowed to use one of them for my cache.  (It can change too.  I recently rebooted and it used sda and previously it used sdb)

How can I get it to use both so I can have redundancy in my cache?  Thanks! 

tower-diagnostics-20230819-2359.zip

Have you checked that the number of slots for the cache pool is set to 2 and that the file system is set to be btrfs (or ZFS if using the 6.12.x release).   

What happens when you try to assign the second drive?

FYI:   The sdX type designations are irrelevant as Unraid recognises disks by their serial number.

• Solution
Aug 19 16:42:31 Tower emhttpd: device /dev/sda problem getting id

This means there's a duplicate ID, this can happen with some USB bridges, they don't pass-through the device's complete ID and serial number, you'll need use a different one (at least for one of the devices) or use SATA.

So try plugging it into a different usb slot?  Or I wonder if I'll always get this because the drives are the same kind and if its not getting the complete ID it wont' work at all?

In any case I'll try a different port.  Unfortunately without moving the usb stick with the OS on it, I only have one other free port.  But it is on the front so that might be different enough.  I'll report back.

Edited by ecogeek