there is some ssh keys in my /boot/config/ssh/, Has my system been cracked

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

Looks like what is present on my servers.    Run this command and look at the dates:

ls -al /boot/config/ssh

This will give you the dates when these keys were acquired.  (Mine were all back in 2019 on the same date for each of my two servers.  The date for each server were five days apart. I assume this was because I normally wait a few days before updating the main server.) 

If you are still concerned, you can turn off SSH access from     Settings  >>>  Management Access    until you investigate the situation.  (I don't use SSH anymore.  I find the GUI Terminal to be much more convenient!) 

You can find more info on SSH here:

https://docs.unraid.net/legacy/FAQ/terminal-access#ssh

13 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Looks like what is present on my servers.    Run this command and look at the dates:

ls -al /boot/config/ssh

This will give you the dates when these keys were acquired.  (Mine were all back in 2019 on the same date for each of my two servers.  The date for each server were five days apart. I assume this was because I normally wait a few days before updating the main server.) 

If you are still concerned, you can turn off SSH access from     Settings  >>>  Management Access    until you investigate the situation.  (I don't use SSH anymore.  I find the GUI Terminal to be much more convenient!) 

You can find more info on SSH here:

https://docs.unraid.net/legacy/FAQ/terminal-access#ssh

drwx------  3 root root 4096 Mar 24 02:14 ./

drwx------ 11 root root 4096 Aug 21 17:26 ../

drwx------  2 root root 4096 Aug 20 21:48 root/

-rw-------  1 root root 1369 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_dsa_key

-rw-------  1 root root  600 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_dsa_key.pub

-rw-------  1 root root  505 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_ecdsa_key

-rw-------  1 root root  172 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_ecdsa_key.pub

-rw-------  1 root root  399 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_ed25519_key

-rw-------  1 root root   92 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_ed25519_key.pub

-rw-------  1 root root 2590 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_rsa_key

-rw-------  1 root root  564 Mar 24 02:14 ssh_host_rsa_key.pub

Thanks ver much, you mean these files are unraid system pre-installed?

Can I delete these files? because I want only my ssh key be login into unraid.

• Solution

In   Settings  >>>  System Management     when you turn the 'Help' on  (the image.png.86392977f03ef76cbde02981372c1a20.png icon of the right side of GUI), you will see this bit of information:

image.thumb.png.fd9050de3b6a106ff96b9cd41fb01663.png

As I understand this, it says that the SSH is 'on by default' and the keys will be generated automatically if they are not found.  So if you do not want SSH keys generated,  You need to set 'Use SSH:' to "No".  You could then delete the keys.

On 8/21/2023 at 8:58 PM, Frank1940 said:

In   Settings  >>>  System Management     when you turn the 'Help' on  (the image.png.86392977f03ef76cbde02981372c1a20.png icon of the right side of GUI), you will see this bit of information:

image.thumb.png.fd9050de3b6a106ff96b9cd41fb01663.png

As I understand this, it says that the SSH is 'on by default' and the keys will be generated automatically if they are not found.  So if you do not want SSH keys generated,  You need to set 'Use SSH:' to "No".  You could then delete the keys.

thanks for you explanation, I'll keep them.