Getting out of space errors on app udpate but can't figure out why

Bushibot

I'm getting out of spare errors on app update but I can't figure out why. I seem to ahve plenty of space on cache and certainly on the arrary... 

Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: write /usr/lib/libpcre2-16.a: no space left on device

I don't think I set any growth limits, I'm not sure why I'm hitting this.

image.thumb.png.0844f0399a2a634911506e7df3911816.png

image.thumb.png.323c506f8b81d9ade956050ae7a58d04.png

14 hours ago, itimpi said:

|Perhaps you have filled up your docker.img file used to hold docker binaries?   

If you provide your system's diagnostics zip file we could probably confirm if this is the case.   It is always a good idea to provide this when asking questions as that may allow us to see how you have things configured, and also to see recent logs.

Could be, I do see error stating Docker critical image disk utilization.

How do I make that bigger? I didn't do anything to restrict it that I'm aware of.

8 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

Could be, I do see error stating Docker critical image disk utilization.

How do I make that bigger? I didn't do anything to restrict it that I'm aware of.

So I figured out how to stop the image and see if I can resize it now.

- However can I change the Docker data-root: to file system to prevent this? Will this happen gracefully, or do I then need to manually/reinstall everything?

- Is there a good method to explore the image size? I'm guessing something is getting cached there that shouldn't because 20gig's seems a given the current container sizes.

Adjusting the docker size fixed the problem. It was not obvious to do that through the UI since when it's running it does not show any options about in settings docker.nas-mass-diagnostics-20230918-2339.zip

- However still like to know, can I change the Docker data-root: to file system to prevent this? Will this happen gracefully, or do I then need to manually/reinstall everything?

- Is there a good method to explore the image size? I'm guessing something is getting cached there that shouldn't because 20gig's seems a given the current container size it's still growing a bit...

Edited by Bushibot
16 hours ago, trurl said:

The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped.

Also, your system share has files on the array.

Is files on the array bad? I'm not clear how that relates?

Docker vDisk location:

/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img

Default appdata storage location:

/mnt/user/appdata/

16 hours ago, trurl said:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/shares/user-shares/#default-shares

Ideally, appdata, domains, and system shares should have all files on fast pool with nothing on the array. If these are on the array, docker/VM performance will be impacted by slower array with its parity updates, and array disks can't spin down since these files are always open.

okay, well that was defaults. I didn't change anything there.

that said

- However still like to know, can I change the Docker data-root: to file system to prevent this? Will this happen gracefully, or do I then need to manually/reinstall everything?

- Is there a good method to explore the image size? I'm guessing something is getting cached there that shouldn't because 20gig's seems a given the current container size it's still growing a bit...