Server Remote Access not working

2 hours ago, Daxter said:

I still can't remotely access my server

Accessing an Unraid server remotely by forwarding ports 80, 443, etc. is not the recommended way of doing this.  That potentially opens you up to hackers.  The preferred method is to use Wireguard which is built into Unraid or some other sort of VPN.

Here are some security best practices.

1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

Accessing an Unraid server remotely by forwarding ports 80, 443, etc. is not the recommended way of doing this.  That potentially opens you up to hackers.  The preferred method is to use Wireguard which is built into Unraid or some other sort of VPN.

Here are some security best practices.

Does it still work natively with Unraid Connect?  I like using Unraid Connect and if it doesn't I'd like another answer to this issue.

3 hours ago, Daxter said:

Does it still work natively with Unraid Connect?

Yes.  I gave you an incomplete answer.  Unraid Connect still provides remote access.  I have just never used it because I had Wireguard setup and working perfectly for me before Unraid Connect remote access was an option.  I have just never had a reason to use that feature of Unraid Connect.

15 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Yes.  I gave you an incomplete answer.  Unraid Connect still provides remote access.  I have just never used it because I had Wireguard setup and working perfectly for me before Unraid Connect remote access was an option.  I have just never had a reason to use that feature of Unraid Connect.

Then why are you replying? This post was made specifically in the Unraid Connect section and was asking for help with unraid connect

24 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Actually it was moved by me here since it was originally posted in the general support forum.

I didn't realize there was an unraid connect section, thanks.

Funny story, I still get this error when checking... But I am connected remotely right now.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 11.34.54 AM.png

Edited by Daxter
Downsize image
6 minutes ago, Daxter said:

Funny story, I still get this error when checking... But I am connected remotely right now.

Unfortunately, my situation has gone in the reverse direction. I previously got the error but was able to connect remotely, now I still get the error but am unable to connect remotely.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2023 at 11:35 AM, Daxter said:

Update on this topic.
The issue came back within a week or so of it going away again, but I wondered if upgrading from Unraid 6.11.5 to 6.12.4 would fix it, and it has for about a week now.
No idea what caused this, nothing changed on my router so..... Yeah.
Maybe restarting the server fixed it?  I don't know.