Server WEB UI GUI Slow. Drops connections during use, etc. Low CPU use, server overall just slow with no errors.

I'll attach diags when I can get them.

Think it's this process at over 100% CPU?

For instance, backing up USB drive takes forever. I wonder if the USB drive is failing. 

Or, perhaps one of the disks is failing but there have been no SMART issues. Diskspeed seems to have trouble. 

Real head scratcher. No errors just slow operation. Also at one point nginx wasn't running but nginx start started it.

Next time, I've got the USB to SATA key that gives me a GUID instead of a USB stick. I've had more problems with those...

Unraid, please just let us use a small SSD soon for boot. They're cheap.

image.thumb.png.6f251e571e7c2d628bf791830ee6f10f.png

Edited by RealActorRob

Ok, this might be solved.

Upgraded to 6.12.5 which seemed to help a tiny bit.

Discovered errors in my Network settings though.

1. Somehow port 2 on my 4 port Dell R720xd Ethernet was 'Up' but there's no cable...perhaps all the DHCP requests etc. it was probably doing?

2. ipv6 was enabled so I changed it to ipV4 only.

3. Rearranged DNS to 8.8.8.8 first and 1.1.1.1 second and 8.8.4.4 as third. Shuffled.

4. Put 1500 in as MYU, applied, erased and applied smaking sure it's Auto.

image.thumb.png.4dfd6e284febd2b6ea8d160ee3ba9e49.png

As of this moment, GUI is alo faster. Fingers crossed.

• RealActorRob changed the title to Server WEB UI GUI Slow. Drops connections during use, etc. Low CPU use, server overall just slow with no errors.
12 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Jumbo frames (especially on eth0) can cause many issues, reverting the MTU to 1500 is likely what solved the problem.

BTW, the Fix Common Problems plugin is great for detecting configuration issues like this, it would have sent you here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/120220-fix-common-problems-more-information/page/2/#comment-1167702

It was blank so 1500 was the default. I just input 1500, applied, erased 1500, applied so it would go to auto.

• Like 1