Two drives failed at once

Dec 19 05:31:57 UnSAS kernel: sd 7:0:20:0: device_block, handle(0x001e)
Dec 19 05:31:59 UnSAS kernel: sd 7:0:9:0: Power-on or device reset occurred
Dec 19 05:31:59 UnSAS kernel: sd 7:0:20:0: device_unblock and setting to running, handle(0x001e)
Dec 19 05:31:59 UnSAS kernel: sd 7:0:20:0: Power-on or device reset occurred

This is happening with multiple devices, and these "Power-on or device reset occurred" errors usually mean a power/connection problem.

Thanks for looking at that so quickly. My PSU is 650 W so that should be plenty to power the system:

Typical Operating, Random Read (W)10.72 x 20 = 214W

Other components = less than 435W

That said, I daisy chained a few extensions to power the SAS drives. Would that cause this problem?

The tower has not been touched since it was working for the last few weeks. It seems unlikely that a connector has come loose. Any tips welcome.

Thanks

James

20 minutes ago, unraid newbie 55 said:

That said, I daisy chained a few extensions to power the SAS drives. Would that cause this problem?

The tower has not been touched since it was working for the last few weeks. It seems unlikely that a connector has come loose. Any tips

The connectors can definitely work loose.

in my experience a SATA connector from a cable on the power supply cannot be reliably split more than 2 ways.   A molex connector can normally be split 4 ways without issues.   

Thanks. I just bought 5 of the below molex to sata power adapters. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002747043404.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef1802JrJ5b5

Also bought 5 extra molex outputs for the RM650x PSU (ideally I run max 4 HDs from one PSU socket):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33023572460.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef1802Dr2IAx

Let's hope that fices it :)

Thanks for this thread. I just purchased a couple of my Molex to SATA adapters with the crimped type connectors on the SATA port. I was not using the Y spliters 1 Molex into 2 SATAs. But a single Molex to SATA adapter cable.

Is the same advice recommended for a SATA cable Y spitter - that is a single SATA port which is split into TWO SATA connectors?

Thanks kindly....