[6.12.6] Help! Server keeps crashing and I don't know why.

I bought new RAM from Amazon on Thursday.  Was supposed to be 2-day, delivery on Saturday.  Never got it, said it was delayed, then delayed again then delayed AGAIN.  I just now got it.  It's running a memtest now but so far the entire set looks ok.  It made it past the 4% mark at least.  Been running about an hour and is up to 35% pass.  Hope it's good.  Gonna let it run all night and through tomorrow until I get home.

Fingers crossed.

Well... i hate to jinx things, that's typically how things are for me... but...  I let the memtest run all night and all day today till I got home from work.  Successfully completed 4 passes with 0 errors, and was running for like 23.5 hours.  I spent the afternoon putting the new motherboard back into the case.  Tested memory again with the mobo all screwed in.  Got to about 8% (past the dreaded 4% and onto test #3) and shut down.  Then I transferred all the M.2 drives, connected all the expansion cards and fan headers, and put the lid on it.  Booted up and let it run the memtest again for 1 complete pass.  Then I booted into Unraid.  So far, everything is going good.  I updated all the plugins and dockers.  I then shut down the docker and VM manager and started a parity check.  Usually I run the check on the first of the month anyway but I missed it.  Plus, it auto-started a parity check as soon as Unraid was loaded (remember, it was crashing whenever I started the preclear.. so I think the boot up parity check was just clearing the dirty bit).  Once the parity check finishes, I'm going to reboot (so it's a clean shutdown and clean startup) and then (( FINGERS CROSSED )) try to run another preclear.

On 1/26/2024 at 4:58 AM, hansolo77 said:

The next time I build a server, I'm going back to server-grade parts.

For Plex only? Hmm...

I think you have a problem with handling the HW properly.

This electronic-parts are very sensitive, so be carefull...

Edited by Zonediver